How does PowerX classify leaks?Updated 10 months ago
The ability to adjust the settings for leaks was temporarily removed to be improved but will be available in the future. PowerX classifies leaks by size. Below are some common leak sizes and outlets that cause leaks:
Slow Leak customizable flow rates:
- 0.4 GPM – Small Leak. (Recommended)
- 0.25 GPM – Faucet Just Opened
- 0.5 GPM – Faucet half open
- 0.75 GPM – Faucet ¾ Open
- 1.0 GPM – Faucet fully open
- Disabled – Not recommended.
Major Leak: Major leak customizable flow rates:
- 2 GPM – Toilet
- 3 GPM – Toilet and Faucet
- 4 GPM – Shower and Faucet (Recommended)
- 5 GPM – Outdoor Sprinkler
- 10 GPM – Garden Hose, no nozzle
- 15 GPM – Broken Main Line Disabled – Not recommended.
You can select from a range of time durations, from 2.5 to 30 minutes. All flows that meet or exceed these parameters will trigger a Major Leak alert.
Was this article helpful?